I’m an indie author! I’ve chosen to publish without the backing of a big publishing house. This means brick-and-mortar stores won’t generally stock my book on their shelves (though they can usually order it for you). So I depend even more on readers to spread the word about Back in the USSR. Your opinion matters! Here are a few ways you can help:
- Leave a review on Amazon. Reader reviews are extremely important on Amazon. Not only will they show shoppers that my book is worth checking out, but a large number of reviews will trigger Amazon to give my book greater visibility. A review doesn’t have to be long. Just be honest what you thought. (See some tips below.)
- Post the same review elsewhere! A few suggestions: Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, or Google.
- Share my book on social media. Write your own post and include a link to my website, or share one of my posts from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok.
In-person recommendations matter too. Tell a friend, family member, or teacher! Request it from your local library! Suggest it to your book club! (They can use the discussion guide.)
- Tips for reviews on Amazon:
- You don’t have to buy the book from Amazon to leave a review! Although if you do, you’ll get a little “Verified Purchase” badge, and it may count more.
- You do have to follow their rules. Like, no profanity. And don’t say you’re writing “in exchange” for anything. If you received an advance copy, say so! And add that you’re leaving the review voluntarily.
- Delays happen. Your review might show up on Amazon right away, or it might take a few days. If it takes too long, you can check your Profile page or email Amazon to ask them to approve it.